Saturday, June 27, 2009

Fan.


I have always loved the Transformers. The new movies that have come out in recent years haven't been that good but they haven't been that bad either. The first live action Transformers movie included quotes from the animated film and both movies have had the original voice actors voice the Transformers. Both of these things are simple additions that keep long-term fans of the franchise happy.

I don't know what attracted me to this series originally. It was probably the idea that there was absolute good and absolute evil. In the real world everything is shades of grey. Even if something is perceived as good here it would be bad in another part of the world. I'm not trying to make Transformers more important than any other cartoon, but I have always enjoyed it. Hell, when I was a kid everything I owned was Transformers themed. From my lunch box to my bed sheets. I've had a VHS copy of the original movie for my entire life. The tape is now so messed up that most of the movie is fuzz and the sound is messed up. Happily, they re-released the movie on DVD for the twentieth anniversary. You can't wear out a DVD by watching it too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment